This morning, Supercell released a new client update for Clash of Clans, fashioned in Halloween glory.
There was a rumor that the update wasn’t happening until next week, so some players may have been caught off guard.
Overall, I like the update, but there are some serious game changers included in the release.
Below is a list of all changes, most of them undocumented.
- Clan search
- Limited edition Pumpkin bomb in the Store for 1K gold
- Halloween themed trees, shrubbery, and other decorations
- Town Hall level 9 “Dark Castle”
- Gold and Elixir Storage level 11
- Gold Mine and Elixir Collector level 11
- Spell Factory level 4 and new Jump spell
- Wizard Tower level 7
- Mortar level 7
- Canon level 11
- Gold Mine level 11
- Elixir Collector level 11
- X-Bow defensive unit
- P.E.K.K.As level 3
- Troops no longer lost when army camps are destroyed (through Halloween only)
- Loot handicap for different town hall levels reduced
- Removal of sell button for all units except decorations
- Faster spell creation and lower upgrade cost
- Lower elixir training cost for Wizards, Dragons, and P.E.K.K.A.s
- Faster train time for barbarians
- Slower train time for giants
- Increased range on mortar
- Increased upgrade cost for Town Hall level 8
- Decreased cost for mortar and cannon upgrades
- Fixed graphics for Archer Towers (proper number of archers in perch)
- Fixed rare bug that caused build times to be off-sync with shield times
- Fixed a bug that caused player and alliance trophy counts to be displayed differently
- Clan member stats
- Private messaging
The level 8 skull wall’s stopping power is amazing. Many players, myself included, have been spending a lot of gold updating their walls to all skulls, at 500K gold each. However, the new Jump spell allows ground troops to jump right over them. Now, you have to wonder, what’s the point of even having walls? Bring the right spells to battle along with an overwhelming number of ground troops (Town Hall level 9 required), and you can practically guarantee a win against any opponent now.
Many vocal players have been complaining that the balloon attack is overpowered. These high-level players, often with maxed out defenses, claim that they are easily beaten with a balloon onslaught, and Supercell has caved in order to help them out. Bring in the the new X-Bow defensive unit to help fight off those pesky balloons.
However, if you’re not experiencing the rare balloon problem, you can focus the X-Bow on the ground and use it to mow down the much more common archer and goblin onslaught.
The sneak-peak video of the new X-Bow had revealed the weapon alongside a level 7 town hall, so many level 7 and 8 Town Hall players were excited. There was every indication that they would be able to build the X-Bow immediately after the update.
However, Supercell pulled a fast one on us here.
You need level 9 Town Hall to build the new X-Bow.
Forum moderator for Supercell, Rauta, provided more details about the loot restriction update.
You now gain 75% of available loot when attacking 2 level lower, 50% if 3 levels lower and 25% if 4 levels lower.
Does this make farming economically feasible again? Let us know what you think.
Will you be starting your Town Hall upgrade to level 9? Have you seen the X-Bow in action yet?
I’ve got to get back to trick-or-treating. They’re giving out gold! Let me know if I missed anything.
See you on the other side, and don’t leave any of those exploding pumpkins laying around. That’s just irresponsible. Some kids could get hurt.